Best Car Insurance In Florida
Find the best car insurance in Florida by visiting the link below to get a free quote. Read the topics covered in this case study to help you choose an affordable option from the best car insurance companies.
Talking about car insurance in florida, a study carried out in the car insurance industry shows that once in every 17.9 years, every car owner would file a claim for one type of collision or the other, especially the average drivers. This means that if you got your driver's license at the age of 16-18, it would not be abnormal if you experience any kind of car crash by the time you get to the age of 34-36, at most. Therefore, if you have driven for several years and you are yet to be involved in a car accident, then you should consider yourself lucky.
- Florida Auto Insurance Requirements
- Who Are The Top 5 Insurance Firms In Florida?
- Choosing the Best Car Insurance in Florida
- Why Florida Auto Insurance Is Expensive
- When Affordable Auto Insurance Is A Priority
- Do You Have An Insurance Coverage?
- Florida Cities With The Highest and Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates
- Guidelines To Get The Best Insurance Rates
- Tips For Auto Insurance Renewal
- What You Should Know About Price Optimization?
Florida Auto Insurance Requirements
Considering that Florida is a no-fault state and you will not be able to sue another driver for claims but rely on your own auto insurance, except under certain given conditions, the state minimum auto insurance liability is on the low side when compared to suggested minimums. For example, Florida minimum liability for Personal Injury Protection (PIP) is $10,000 per person and $20,000 per accident. The minimum for proper damage liability is $10,000.
Experts however, recommend that car owners maintain a minimum of not less than $50,000 in PIP. The idea is that when your coverage is on the low side, it might be impossible for you to cover the full expenses incurred as a result of the accident, and it is even worse if the condition is such that the other driver involved in the accident is allowed to sue you for additional damages. So, when you go for auto insurance comparison, look for quotes that will help to ensure you get the most coverage based on your immediate budget.
Comparison Of Top 5 Insurance Firms In Florida
Here is a breakdown of the average you should expect to pay when you insure with any of these top 5 insurance firms. They are as follows:
USAA = $938
Progressive = $1,668
State Farm = $1,737
GEICO = $3,212
Allstate = $3,382
From the above evaluation, it is obvious that USAA (only available to people and families who are currently serving or served in the US military) offers the lowest yearly rates in Florida among the five insurance companies while Allstate offers the most expensive rate among the five. However, you can maximize your chances of getting good rates when you engage in effective insurance rates shopping.
Choosing the Best Car Insurance in Florida
Whenever you go shopping for the best insurance coverage in Florida, it is recommended that you always start out by requesting coverage quotes from the top insurance companies. Even though there is no tailor-made coverage for everyone, there are chances that by the time you are done with your cheap auto insurance comparison, you might just find that coverage provider you would not want to lose as long as you remain a car owner.
In order not to make mistake in choosing the best auto insurance provider in Florida, you should always watch out for those firms that are known to be the best-reviewed in the state. In all, what you should look out in a potential insurer include but not limited to the following:
- Fair premiums
- Great customer service
- Extensive coverage
- Great track record
- Easy claims process
- Reasonable discounts
Why Florida Auto Insurance Is Expensive
If have already taken your time to compare insurance quotes, you must have noticed that Florida auto insurance is very expensive, in comparison to other states. Presently, Florida is rated among the states of the nation with the highest insurance rates, at an average of $2,260 annually as against the national average of $1,669 annually. There are several reasons for this high rate of insurance. First among them is the 'no-fault' clause. Yes, in Florida, when residents are involved in any type of car crash, they are required to foot their own bills as far as the expenses of such accident are concerned.
This is why it is important that every car owner purchases a cheap car insurance florida in order to cover expenses accruing from personal and property injury. Before you do this, you should ensure find out if your existing health insurance already covers every accident-related medical expenses. This way, you will avoid paying double for the same coverage.
The second reason why insurance is very expensive in Florida has to do with natural disasters. It is no longer news that Florida often experiences one type of natural disaster or the other, including tropical storms and hurricanes. When this happens, car owners are always left to grapple with the after-effects which include high winds, flooding, mud slides, and other challenges that come with such catastrophes. It is especially worse in those cities which are located within or close to the coast as the landscape is mostly flat.
When Affordable Auto Insurance Is A Priority
Often times, most car owners' priority is finding affordable insurance coverage for them and their cars. If you are one of them, be rest assured that there are multiple Florida-based insurance coverage providers at your service. With them, you will be able to access a variety of affordable insurance plans that are designed not just to suit your needs, but also meet the state's minimum insurance coverage laws.
Some of these insurance firms include but not limited to State Farm, GEICO, Progressive, USAA, Allstate, and others. They have been confirmed to be capable of addressing every car owner's concerns as far as it has to do with affordable coverage. You might not know it but most times, when you are on the look-out for cheap car insurance florida, you might end up making trade-offs, especially if you fail to take the quality of the firm's services into consideration.
You should always ensure you transact with a reputable insurance coverage provider, especially if you wish to file your claims with ease, experience awesome customer service, and at the same time, be reimbursed at the right time. While the firms listed here would make good starting points for your search, it would also be better if you increase the scope of your search by getting quotes from a variety of other insurance companies. After all, what you need is affordable coverage that would meet your auto insurance needs, all-year-round.
Do You Have An Insurance Coverage?
This is a question every Florida car owner should ask himself or herself. For those who have been driving for a long time, it is estimated that they would have experienced not less than four car crash incidents in their driving lifetime. Although most of these crashes are very minor, some of them can be very fatal.
According to report from the National Safety Council, approximately 10 million car accidents occur yearly, ranging from minor scraps to multi-car pileups, with approximately 3 out of every 1,000 accidents being fatal. You don't have to allow yourself to be caught off-guard and as such, it is time for you to engage in auto insurance comparison in order to get yourself and your car insured with the right insurance firm.
Florida Cities With The Highest and Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates
It is only natural that when you get yourself a new car, you would want to know what parts of the state that offers affordable rates and the parts that offer coverage at higher rates. On this note, you should note that location and size goes a long way to determine coverage rates in Florida and other states. On the southeast coast, the cities with the highest auto insurance rates include Miami and Hialeah. As a matter of fact, these two cities are the most expensive when it comes to auto insurance.
Tampa is also a city that is rated among the top most expensive cities for auto insurance coverage. However, you should take note that even within the same area, rates can vary. For example, while one city offers coverage at exorbitant rates, the city that is right next to it might offer its own coverage at very affordable rates. Therefore, if you are looking for cheap car insurance florida, your safest bet is to request quotes from various firms, targeting those periods when the market condition favors car owners. If yours is a bubbling city, then you should not be surprised if the coverage rate is very high while towns with smaller populations will enjoy much lower premiums.
|Insurance Rates In Florida Cities|
|Saint Petersburg, FL||$2,074|
|Fort Lauderdale, FL||$2,263|
|Pembroke Pines, FL||$2,224|
|Coral Springs, FL||$2,314|
|Cape Coral, FL||$1,842|
|West Palm Beach, FL||$2,360|
|Pompano Beach, FL||$2,318|
|Boca Raton, FL||$2,341|
Boca Raton, FL
This is a city of approximately 90,000 residents, located on the southeast coast of Florida. Right from the 1920s, Boca Raton has been a bubbling city. This is especially as it houses several big hotels and resorts which invariably turned the city into a destination point for vacationers. The rate here is $2,341 but there may be variations based on company, driver profile, and your claims history.
Cape Coral, FL
This is a city of approximately 165,000 residents and is located in the southwest coast of the state. Before the construction boom of the 90s, Cape Coral was known for being a retirement community. The average insurance rate here is $1,842, very much lower that the state's average rate of $2,260. This rate is also subject to variation based on your age, driver profile, and other factors.
If you are ready to carry out auto insurance comparison in Florida, Clearwater might just be a good place to start. With a population of over 108,000 residents, Clearwater is located on the west coast of Florida. It became famous after it served as the major port for soldiers headed for the Pacific and Europe during World War II. The average coverage rate here is $2,077.
Coral Springs, FL
This city is located on the southeast coast of the state, close to Fort Lauderdale, with a population of more than 126,000 residents. It is famously known for its low crime rate, family-friendly environment, and efficiency of its local government. Its coverage average is $2,314, slightly above the state's average. However, if you take your time to shop around for quotes from various coverage providers, you might just find reasonable discount.
Fort Lauderdale, FL
With approximately 172,000 residents, this vibrant city is located on the southeast of Florida and is a destination hub for club-goers. The coverage rate in this ever-bubbling city is $2,263, which is in line with the state's average rate.
The population of this city is approximately 127,000 and it is located in Florida's north central. University of Florida is located in Gainesville and as a result of the city's inland location, it rarely experiences natural disasters like other cities of Florida. Little wonder why the insurance rate is as low as $1,463, a huge difference from the state's average.
Located in southern Florida, Hialeah has a population of about 233,000 residents. This is where you will experience Latin culture at its peak. The insurance rate here is very high at $3,032 annually. This makes it the most expensive large city for auto insurance. You can increase your chances of landing significant discounts if you take your time to shop around for quotes.
With a population of approximately 146,000 residents, this southeastern city of Florida is known to be synonymous with movie-making. If you are a sunbather, then it is the destination spot you have been dreaming of. The average coverage rate here is $2,336.
Located in northern part of the state, Jacksonville has a population of more than 842,000 residents. Not only is it the largest city in Florida, it is the largest city in United States, measured by land area. It is also one of the busiest hubs for the country's shipping industry. The coverage rate here is $1,752, making it one of the cheapest large cities for those looking for cheap car insurance florida.
Located in the southeastern part of the state, Miami has a population that exceeds 417,000 residents. It is very famous for its beachside culture and in terms of auto insurance, the average is $2,662. This leaves it on the list of expensive cities for auto insurance in Florida.
This city of approximately 255,000 residents, located in central Florida, is famous for being the home of Walt Disney World Resort and the headquarters of Nickelodeon, a TV channel. Even at the city being a tourist attraction, the auto insurance rate is on the lower side at $1,931.
Pembroke Pines, FL
Located in southeastern Florida with population of approximately 162,000, Pembroke Pines experienced a sudden boom in its population after thousands of Miami-Dade County relocated to the city out of fear of storms. The average coverage rate here is $2,224, just in line with the state's average.
Pompano Beach, FL
This is another city that grew as a result of population explosion, which took place in the decades following the Second World War. Its population is over 104,000, including its seasonal residents who reside in the city in the winter months. The average coverage rate in Pompano Beach is $2,318, slightly above the state's average.
Saint Petersburg, FL
Located in the Tampa Bay area, this is a city of approximately 250,000 residents and a destination point for beach lovers. It is a city not to be left out during auto insurance comparison. The insurance coverage rate in Saint Petersburg is $2,074, making it slightly lower than the state's average.
Not only is this city the state capital, it is also home to Florida State University. It has a population of over 186,000 residents and is located in the northern part of Florida. Even at being the capital city, insurance rates here are very cheap at $1,555. It's a significant savings for car owners.
This is the anchor of the Tampa Bay area and has a population of approximately 353,000 residents. It has always found its way to the top of the list of "Best Cities To Live In". The insurance rates here are higher than the state's average, at $2,407 annually.
West Palm Beach, FL
Known to be the oldest city in the southern part of the state, West Palm Beach has a population of approximately 102,000 residents. Presently, this famous city has become synonymous with storm and hurricane. The average coverage rate here is $2,360, a bit higher than the state average and not exactly a great option for those looking for cheap car insurance florida.
Tips For Auto Insurance Renewal
Often times, people tend to believe that they are happy with their current insurance coverage. However, if you have used that company for multiple years, it would not do you any harm to shop around and carry out auto insurance comparison for new policy every few years. Some of the tips that would help you find better policies or get the present firm to offer you better deals include but not limited to the following:
- Request quotes from multiple coverage providers
- Only reach out to the best-reviewed providers
- Ensure you maintain great driving history and profile
- Understand when to back off
- Don't allow insignificant discounts becloud your reasoning
- Never be in a hurry to buy a policy
Guidelines To Get The Best Insurance Rates In Florida
If you are on the look-out for the best in cheap car insurance florida, then it is important for you to understand that rates differ from one insurance company to the other. These differences are mostly determined by a variety of factors including age, credit history, gender, driving record, and others. You don’t have to be like certain car owners who never consider any insurance coverage until they have been involved in an auto accident. If you are ready to toe the right path at the right time, contained in this article are tips that would help you get the best insurance rates in Florida. These tips include but not limited to the following:
- Understand The Basic Types Of Insurance Coverage: The first step towards getting the best of cheap auto insurance florida is having a good understanding of the basic types of insurance coverage. These basic types include liability coverage which pays for third-party injuries and death-related claims, collision coverage which issues payment for the repair of your car after it is involved in an accident, and comprehensive coverage which pays for damages emanating from vandalism, theft, water, fire, and others.
- Maintain Good Driving Habits: Before an insurance company goes on to issue coverage, it goes the extra mile to find out as much as possible about a potential client. This includes knowing your driving habits. In order to further increase your chances of getting the best rates, it is important that you maintain good driving habits.
- Settle For Higher Deductibles: If you wish to maximize your chances of getting good and cheap car insurance florida, you should opt for higher deductibles. This is that amount of money a car owner pays out of his or her pocket in the case of an accident. The higher your deductible is, the lower your insurance bill will be. For example, if you settle for $500 deductibles, it means that any damage less than $500 will be paid for from your pocket without filing any claims.
- Install Theft Deterrent Systems: Yes, you read right. Car owners who have alarms installed in their cars can be sure of paying less on their car insurance and in order to enjoy a reduced rate, you should have theft deterrent systems installed in your car.
- Make The Right Choice Of Car: When you are looking for cheap auto insurance florida, you should understand that your choice of vehicle influences the rate. For example, sports cars are more expensive to insure than sedans. The same thing applies to expensive cars versus cheap cars. Consider this factor before you buy that new car.
- Liability Coverage Comes In Two Folds: There is coverage for bodily injury which covers the injuries sustained by another person in an auto accident you are involved in. There is also the property damage coverage which covers the damages to another person’s property as a result of an auto accident involving you. Take note that liability coverage does not cover you or your vehicle instead, your coverage comes from the other person’s insurance coverage, assuming his or her car is insured. Choose wisely.
- Always Do A Periodic Rate Check: When you shop smartly, you will find yourself getting cheap car insurance florida. Whether you already have insurance coverage or you are about to get one, it would do you a lot of good to carry out period rate checks, this is especially if you need to add one or more drivers to your policy. Should your insurer not be willing to discuss what these changes would mean for your policy, then take your time to shop for better deals out there.
- Transact With A Reputable Insurer: When it comes to saving on your insurance, it is not just about finding the cheapest coverage. This is especially because an unreliable insurer who charges you less might find other means of recouping the low premium you were offered. For example, such insurer might conspire with the repair shop to compromise on the quality of repair works done on your car or even underestimate your loss. Instead of lower price, go for reputation, accessibility, great client reviews, and other factors.
- If Possible, Review Existing Coverage: Still on guidelines on getting cheap auto insurance florida, often times, buying more coverage is a way of saving more on insurance but in doing this, make sure you don’t settle for a costly insurance claim. This is especially because it might be putting your personal assets at risk. In order to be on the safer side, you should opt for the standard coverage of 100/300/100. This translates to claims of up to $100,000 for each injured person, $300,000 for each accident, and $100,000 for property damage from such accident. Should your net worth be on the high side however, you can further boost your bodily injury coverage.
- Get Underinsured/Uninsured Coverage: According to reports by the Insurance Research Council, one out of every eight drivers might be driving without any insurance. You can protect yourself by purchasing the underinsured/uninsured coverage. This coverage will pay for the damages resulting from being hit by a driver without enough insurance or none at all. You can make it to be of the same limit with your liability coverage.
- Only Use Comprehensive Coverage For Newer Cars: The older your car is, the less you need of certain insurance coverage. If you wish to make the most of cheap car insurance florida, then the age of your car should be put into consideration. If for example your car is older, you should consider not going for a comprehensive or collision coverage or canceling same if you already have one. This is especially because you might not be able to recoup enough claims to cover the repairs or replacement of your car. The moment your annual coverage cost equals or is more than 10% of the car’s book value, you should consider canceling this particular coverage.
- Know When To Opt For Rental Reimbursement Coverage: This type of coverage pays for your rental expenses while your car is undergoing repairs. However, if you have another vehicle that would keep you mobile for the period your main car is undergoing repairs, then there won’t be any need for you to buy rental reimbursement coverage. The same thing applies to roadside assistance. If you are a member of an auto club that offers better deals or your car comes with such warranty, then forget about roadside assistance coverage.
- Understand The Policy: While on the search for cheap auto insurance florida, it would do you a lot of good to understand the proposed policy very well. For example, in order to rule out any surprises, you need to understand most of those numbers included in your policy. When you come across something like 50/100 in your bodily injury coverage, it simply means that the insurer will pay $50,000 maximum for bodily injury to a driver in an accident you are at fault and $100,000 maximum if there are multiple persons involved. Before you choose to increase your limits, bear in mind that your rates would also increase.
- Discounts Might Not Be What They Seem: Most insurance firms use discounts to lure in clients but on closer watch, you will see that there is no much difference, this is especially if you are a low-risk driver. If you are single driver and you happen to have anti-theft systems installed in your car, you will even see that you might end up saving just a couple of bucks annually. Therefore, before you get pulled in by the bogus discounts, scrutinize it first.
- The Truth About Personal Injury Protection: One thing about getting cheap car insurance florida is understanding those areas where you can make savings. In the case of personal injury protection coverage, if you have already purchased reliable health insurance coverage, you might forget about purchasing personal injury protection. However, if you don’t have such coverage or you do but it does not insure your passengers, then you can opt for personal injury protection coverage.
You should bear in mind that insurance rates in Florida vary from one insurance provider to the other and are mostly influenced by certain factors including type of coverage, number of coverage, your past driving record, current driver’s license status, make and model of your car, number of traffic violations, number of safety features or systems installed, the book value of the car, overall safety rating, safety of your environment, driving habit (how often you drive), your credit score, age, gender, and others.
When you are ready to get your car insured, careful shopping should be the watchword. When you put the above tips into consideration, you will be able to wade through the variety of features, prices, and benefits of insurance coverage and get yourself the best among cheap car insurance florida. Sit up today and determine the type of coverage you need, putting the necessary factors into consideration. Don’t be in a hurry – just take your time and choose the right coverage for your car.
What You Should Know About Price Optimization
This is another reason why it is important that you shop around for policies every couple of years. This is especially because, unknowing to customers, most coverage providers would not calculate their customers' premiums based only on their level of risk, but also on how much you are comfortable to part with. This is known as price optimization. They go ahead to access your personal data like online shopping habits, credit score, and other activities that would give out hints about your financial standing. With the information in their hands, they go on to charge you enough to boost their profit without giving you a reason to suspect that you are being over charged. On May 14, 2015, Florida joined the list of approximately 15 states that have addressed the issue of price optimization and its on the service providers' customers through the release of a memorandum by the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation, banning the greedy practice.
If at any point, you suspect that your loyalty to your coverage provider is being manipulated instead of being rewarded, you should not hesitate to search for alternative cheap car insurance florida. If you have a great driver profile, you can be sure of being offered highly competitive rates that reflect your status as a good driver.
As a car owner resident in Florida, you now know the importance of ensuring that your car is fully insured. You don't have to wait until you find yourself in a situation where you have to pay for all expenses of a car crash from your pocket, especially if lots of damage took place. Take your time to seek quotes from a variety of coverage providers, not just the popular ones but also, from other lesser-known providers with great reviews. Carrying out auto insurance comparison will always remain the key to purchasing the right insurance coverage in Florida at affordable rates.